Now notched up the mighty total of 128 miles! – soon to be considerably enhanced by the Welsh Road Trip, all being well. I’m also planning to display the Ace at Gawsworth Hall on 4th May.
Ancient and modern:
I’ve been working on a couple of jobs in the last few weeks – the car needs to be weatherproof (as far as possible), so I’ve been trimming the sidescreens and fitting the hood:
It also needs to be capable of negotiating a reasonable speed bump without discarding the exhaust, so I’ve completed a re-routed exhaust system which runs outboard of the main chassis rails. The bend at the bottom of the manifold has been turned through 45 degrees to pass under the chassis members where they ‘kick-up’ at the front, and a single specially-made silencer each side located between chassis outriggers. It sounds like a V8 should, without being objectionably loud. The ground clearance under the exhaust is now the same as that under the sump – and there really isn’t much point increasing it any further!
The tonneau tended to turn up around the front corners, which didn’t look great so I’ve made some aluminium pins which fit through the front sidescreen ferrules in the doors, incorporating an additional fastener:
Fingers crossed she behaves herself in Wales - Penny and I are looking forward to our first event and meeting some other members.